From Thairath, May 15, 2014
Cartoon title: Don’t mistake evil for good, ‘blindly’ glorifying a traitor as hero [referring to the man on the right, Suthep Thuagsuban, secretary-general of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee]
On hand on the left: 40 appointed senators [the group is known for being anti-Thaksin]
On constitution on tray with pedestal: (Unlawful) P.M. by Section 7 [the Section 7 referring to procedure in case of political vacuum for selecting a non-elected person to be Prime Minister temporarily]
On suit of man on his knees: Unlawful senate’s speaker-elected [referring to Surachai Liangboonlertchai, the former second speaker of the Senate]
Sign on skulls: (Unlawful) Sovereignty [Suthep mentioned that he would declare sovereignty when the constitution court ruled Yingluck Shinawatra’s case]
Phi Nooring: Don’t commit illegal acts.
Mouse: Using unlawful regulations.
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished