From Manager, November 1, 2012
Man on the boat: We did the right thing not letting him aboard… Or he’d make us all look really bad.
[On the boat is Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's cabinet. Frog, or in Thai, "gop," is the nickname of Jatuporn Promphan, a Red Shirt leader who was expected to be rewarded with a job in the cabinet, but was left out. The speaker implies that his presence in the government, as a firebrand Red Shirt leader facing charges in the sieges of Bangkok in 2009 and 2010, would embarrass the government. However, the joke is that the cabinet is filled with monitor lizards--which in Thai are used to represent base and despicable people.]
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Vietnam, Thailand & Cambodia urged to stop using vague concepts such as "national security", "sovereignty" or "lèse-majesté" to intimidate & harass dissent
- Yingluck Billboard
- 1976: A Nightmare of Lynching and Burning 1976 ฝันร้ายของการลงประชาทัณฑ์ และ เผาทั้งเป็น
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully
- Malay Can Become ASEAN'S Lingua Franca ภาษามาเลสามารถกลายเป็นภาษากลางของอาเซียนได้
- Thai Premier Republic Day chief guest นายกรัฐมนตรีไทยเป็นผู้นำแขกรับเชิญในวันแห่งสาธารณรัฐ
- Thailand's boom is sustainable, unlike the one in 1997
- Welcome to the "Democratic Republic of Lanna People"
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics