From Manager, November 1, 2012
Man on the boat: We did the right thing not letting him aboard… Or he’d make us all look really bad.
[On the boat is Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's cabinet. Frog, or in Thai, "gop," is the nickname of Jatuporn Promphan, a Red Shirt leader who was expected to be rewarded with a job in the cabinet, but was left out. The speaker implies that his presence in the government, as a firebrand Red Shirt leader facing charges in the sieges of Bangkok in 2009 and 2010, would embarrass the government. However, the joke is that the cabinet is filled with monitor lizards--which in Thai are used to represent base and despicable people.]
- Why not throw the 112 professional hitmen in prison?
- The Bangkok Land Skytrain
- Red Protests – May 25-26, 2010
- A tale of two newspapers: Gangs controlling motorcycle taxis
- Two years Ago: Thailand’s Professional Hitmen and Why They Can’t Be Put in Jail
- Chalerm vows Thaksin will be home this year – Behead me if he isn’t, deputy PM tells reds
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Three Years Ago: Snipers on the Skytrain Tracks
- 21 Years Ago: Scrapping the Bangkok Land Skytrain
- The Hopewell Project
- Nike Factories In Thailand