From Manager, November 1, 2012
Man on the boat: We did the right thing not letting him aboard… Or he’d make us all look really bad.
[On the boat is Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's cabinet. Frog, or in Thai, "gop," is the nickname of Jatuporn Promphan, a Red Shirt leader who was expected to be rewarded with a job in the cabinet, but was left out. The speaker implies that his presence in the government, as a firebrand Red Shirt leader facing charges in the sieges of Bangkok in 2009 and 2010, would embarrass the government. However, the joke is that the cabinet is filled with monitor lizards--which in Thai are used to represent base and despicable people.]
- A country that’s against pornography vs a country that produces porn
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- Thailand international net traffic slowed
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- How eccentric were the generals who conducted the 1988 coup in Burma?
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- The strange case of the Gen. Prayut/Prayuth’s name change
- Is Gen. Prayuth really growing “eccentric” or “superstitious” as Time Magazine claims?
- Thailand’s “Iron Lady” pressured to leave key post after exposing government corruption
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006