Documentary ‘The Wan Trial’ Goes Inside Thailand’s Latest Attack On The Press – September 2, 2015
…In 2013, after republishing a Reuters story about Muslim Rohingya refugees in Thailand at the Thai news website Phuketwan, Morison, an editor at the website, and Sidasathian, a reporter there, were arrested and charged with criminal defamation and computer crimes. Press freedom in Thailand went into a significant decline in 2013, when a court ruling upheld a defamation law in the country, according to the nongovernmental organization Freedom House. The law allowed the state to crack down on dissent against the government and the military establishment…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions