Documentary ‘The Wan Trial’ Goes Inside Thailand’s Latest Attack On The Press – September 2, 2015
…In 2013, after republishing a Reuters story about Muslim Rohingya refugees in Thailand at the Thai news website Phuketwan, Morison, an editor at the website, and Sidasathian, a reporter there, were arrested and charged with criminal defamation and computer crimes. Press freedom in Thailand went into a significant decline in 2013, when a court ruling upheld a defamation law in the country, according to the nongovernmental organization Freedom House. The law allowed the state to crack down on dissent against the government and the military establishment…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work