Documentary ‘The Wan Trial’ Goes Inside Thailand’s Latest Attack On The Press – September 2, 2015
…In 2013, after republishing a Reuters story about Muslim Rohingya refugees in Thailand at the Thai news website Phuketwan, Morison, an editor at the website, and Sidasathian, a reporter there, were arrested and charged with criminal defamation and computer crimes. Press freedom in Thailand went into a significant decline in 2013, when a court ruling upheld a defamation law in the country, according to the nongovernmental organization Freedom House. The law allowed the state to crack down on dissent against the government and the military establishment…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- I burned the city? When?
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Talking to the snake
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit