The Nation Versus the Tribe – Bangkok Post, June 13, 2013
…The man in charge of investigating the case is Metropolitan Police Bureau commissioner Kamronwit Thoopkrachang. Last year when he received his appointment to the job Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit flew to Hong Kong to meet Thaksin and personally thank him for the promotion.
On his office wall, he placed a framed photo of himself with Thaksin, with the caption ‘’I can have today because you gave it to me’’. He said he will always be loyal to Thaksin and if his loyalty, love and respect is wrong, then, as he told the country, ‘’fire me’’.
A man has his loyalty, love and respect and that is his prerogative. However, it begs the question: would this affect the investigation into the case of Mr Akeyuth?…
- Too Many Unemployed Creating Smog
- Same allies, different kingpin
- Election posters: Looking at you
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- No exit
- Analysis: The last time a coup chief became prime minister after elections
- New Year’s Cartoons: Wave Goodbye to the Old Year
- Dictatorship or Democracy
- New Year’s Cartoons: This year will have an election
- We really care about Thaksin
- New Year’s Cartoons: Happy new year without sadness