From Thairath, May 20, 2012
Cartoon title reads: The helper is in trouble again.
On the hooded figure’s robe: Ordering people killed
On the arm: Letting the case expire – The EC [Election Commission]
Above the bomb: Money donated by East Water
On the bomb: Dissolve the Democrat Party
Running man: Ruengkrai [Leekijwattana, a former senator] who likes to kick people out of their position
Left mouse: Release the political victims
[The Election Commission was one of the independent organizations that supposed to be a neutral referee in Thai politics. After years of assault during the Thai Rak Thai years, it ended up being instrumental in dissolving the Thai Rak Thai and People Power Parties.
This cartoon refers to the DSI gathering evidence over allegations that the Democrat Party illegally received flood-relief donations from East Water Group Plc. which could result in their disbanding. The allegations were initiated by Ruengkrai Leekijwattana.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished