From Thairath, June 3, 2014
Cartoon title: Restore happiness to police?
On book: Reform the Police Bureau
On armband of soldier: NCPO [Stands for the national Council for Peace and Order]
[Police officer sitting on NCPO’s lap is Pol. Gen. Watcharapol Prasarnratchakij, acting commander in chief of the Royal Police Bureau. The coup leaders promised to reform the Royal Thai Police by breaking it into many divisions–effectively neutering it as a monolithic force that could act as a counterweight to the military. This is because in recent years the police have appeared to be personally loyal to Thaksin and purposely slow to go after lese majeste offenders. This is another attempt to defeat Thaksin’s deep influence in politics.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work