From Daily News, September 29, 2017
Title: Prison… Thailand 4.0
Red sign at left: A prison for the rich
IN the open door: Jailed Poo [nickname of Yingluck] 5 years–escaped
Blue sign at right: A prison for the poor
[In Thailand, criminal procedures for the poor are completed almost instantly with long sentences handed out.
For the rich, cases take a long time and the very elite–such as former PM Yingluck or the Red Bull heir–are not expected to serve time at all.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Remembering the Downfall of Thaksin Shinawatra’s CEO-state
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?