From Khaosod, December 6, 2013
Title: Democracy of the elder high school student
On Suthep’s bag: PDRC
On the constitution tray: Section 7
On his shirt: Sor. Por. Kor.
[In the cartoon, Suthep Thaugsuban, a leader of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) is called the “elder student.” This is a Thai saying to refer to a student who fails the exam many times and becomes the oldest student in the class. Suthep wanted to invoke Section 7 of the constitution leading to the installation of a royally appointed Prime Minister.
Sor.Por.Kor is a name of document which the Office of Land Reform allots the land for people for farming. Suthep was once involved in a scandal over misuse of Sor.Por.Kor. land and, at the time, tried to get his supporters to march into Bangkok to defend him.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey