From Khaosod, December 6, 2013
Title: Democracy of the elder high school student
On Suthep’s bag: PDRC
On the constitution tray: Section 7
On his shirt: Sor. Por. Kor.
[In the cartoon, Suthep Thaugsuban, a leader of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) is called the “elder student.” This is a Thai saying to refer to a student who fails the exam many times and becomes the oldest student in the class. Suthep wanted to invoke Section 7 of the constitution leading to the installation of a royally appointed Prime Minister.
Sor.Por.Kor is a name of document which the Office of Land Reform allots the land for people for farming. Suthep was once involved in a scandal over misuse of Sor.Por.Kor. land and, at the time, tried to get his supporters to march into Bangkok to defend him.]
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!