From Thairath, December 20, 2018
Left, men (their silhouettes seem to indicate they are meant to be Red Shirt leaders or anti-junta activists): We must invite the America to observe the election because there are some parties…
Middle, men: …receiving funds from China to support Big Tu [PM Prayuth] to extend his power.
Head of the village: Do you have any evidence?
Right, men: Palang Pracharat and Ruam Palang Prachachart [pro-junta political parties] announced they would raise funds from Chinese dinners.
[Some anti-junta activists suspect that the junta has made a deal with China to support Prayuth’s return to power after the elections. We think the joke here is that the only evidence of Chinese support is a political dinner to raise funds for pro-junta parties which served Chinese food.]
- Too Many Unemployed Creating Smog
- Same allies, different kingpin
- Matichon comes to its 42nd year
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- No exit
- Election posters: Looking at you
- New Year’s Cartoons: Wave Goodbye to the Old Year
- New Year’s Cartoons: This year will have an election
- New Year’s Cartoons: Happy new year without sadness
- Unknown as Pheu Thai’s PM pick
- Yingluck kicked out