Creaky Trains Made of Bamboo Still Rule the Rails in Cambodia – WSJ, February 19, 2014
…The wiggly old tracks stretched into the distance like two wet noodles. The bamboo train—just a platform the size of a bed, really—gained speed and began shuddering.
Weeds lining the tracks whipped at passengers’ thighs. Someone on board casually started swinging a machete off the side, hacking at the underbrush. A chicken flapped out of the way…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- We need conscription
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?