Crackdown Under Way on Illicit Thai Passport Trade – irrawaddy.org, March 18, 2014
…Meanwhile, a Burmese passport dealer, who asked to remain anonymous, said he had fled Bangkok in the wake of the tragic disappearance of the Malaysian plane in order to escape the crackdown.
The man explained that there are three types of passports available in the illegal market—stolen, sold by owners for different reasons, and forgeries. Dealing in passports, he added, is a lucrative business…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- AP: Bangkok Post editor ousted for criticizing Thailand’s military government
- Democrats shut out