THAILAND: Please attend court to hear order on War on Drugs killing – humanrights.asia, July 30, 2012
…During 2001-2006, the government implemented a policy to suppress drug trafficking causing more than 2,500 deaths as a result of extrajudicial killings. A number of people in Kalasin province have lost have lives and gone disappeared. One of the deceased was Mr. Kiattisak Thitboonkhrong. The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has conducted an inquiry into the case and reported its findings on human rights abuse in 2006. One NHRC’s recommendations was for the government to provide the surviving family of Mr. Kiattisak Thitboonkhrong remedies as he had died in custody of police officers from the Muang Kalasin Police Station…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- They are going to get Prawit
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- Not Richard Mille
- The military party deserves a head start