THAILAND: Please attend court to hear order on War on Drugs killing – humanrights.asia, July 30, 2012
…During 2001-2006, the government implemented a policy to suppress drug trafficking causing more than 2,500 deaths as a result of extrajudicial killings. A number of people in Kalasin province have lost have lives and gone disappeared. One of the deceased was Mr. Kiattisak Thitboonkhrong. The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has conducted an inquiry into the case and reported its findings on human rights abuse in 2006. One NHRC’s recommendations was for the government to provide the surviving family of Mr. Kiattisak Thitboonkhrong remedies as he had died in custody of police officers from the Muang Kalasin Police Station…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Security start-up backed by Thaksin seeks $1bn valuation
- New form of American warmaking
- Viagra for Thai Airways
- Who is the catfish?
- No fraud!
- Weekly News Magazines, June 3-10, 2016
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists
- Should Obama be involved with the Dhammachayo case?