THAILAND: Please attend court to hear order on War on Drugs killing – humanrights.asia, July 30, 2012
…During 2001-2006, the government implemented a policy to suppress drug trafficking causing more than 2,500 deaths as a result of extrajudicial killings. A number of people in Kalasin province have lost have lives and gone disappeared. One of the deceased was Mr. Kiattisak Thitboonkhrong. The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has conducted an inquiry into the case and reported its findings on human rights abuse in 2006. One NHRC’s recommendations was for the government to provide the surviving family of Mr. Kiattisak Thitboonkhrong remedies as he had died in custody of police officers from the Muang Kalasin Police Station…
- Thailand’s censorship
- The temple as hostage
- Pride and money comes at the same time
- Chuwit is BACK!
- Everyone wants to use Section 44!
- University hostages
- Fees for the police
- Hack my house
- Donald Trump: America’s Berlusconi (or Thaksin, or Hariri, or…)
- What’s really behind Thailand’s hostility to Chinese tourists?
- Weekly News Magazines, January 13-27, 2017