Countdown to Purple Line launch begins – Bangkok Post, September 22, 2016
…That day will end a long wait for the new 23-kilometre elevated rail track linking Bangkok’s Bang Sue and Nonthaburi’s Bang Ya, aiming to provide faster and more convenient travel between the capital and the neighbouring province.
…Members of the public will be able to travel for free on the line from May to July, ahead of the August launch date, as part of test runs for the route, said Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRTA) governor Peerayudh Singpatanakul. Following its Aug 12 launch, travellers will be required to pay a fare…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- I burned the city? When?
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Talking to the snake
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit