Troubled waters over a bridge – Bangkok Post, March 3, 2012
[Thanks to Chris for pointing this out.]
…The plan calls for a 2.95-km bridge that starts at Lat Ya intersection-Din Daeng pier and ends near the Hua Lamphong intersection.
The four-lane bridge will cross the Chao Phraya River to link Lat Ya Road on the Thon Buri side with Maha Phruttharam Road on the Bangkok side.
The cost of the project is estimated at 5 billion baht: 2.3 billion baht for construction and 2.3 million baht for land expropriation and related works such as environmental impact studies and public relations.
Ms Suthasinee said the bridge is not investment-worthy as it will not help to ease traffic.
In fact it will bring more environmental problems to both sides of the river, she said. Lat Ya Road will experience heavy congestion as more motorists use the route…
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- Weekly News Magazines: New army chief, September, 2018
- One lotus is above the water
- Politicians need to poo
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand