Troubled waters over a bridge – Bangkok Post, March 3, 2012
[Thanks to Chris for pointing this out.]
…The plan calls for a 2.95-km bridge that starts at Lat Ya intersection-Din Daeng pier and ends near the Hua Lamphong intersection.
The four-lane bridge will cross the Chao Phraya River to link Lat Ya Road on the Thon Buri side with Maha Phruttharam Road on the Bangkok side.
The cost of the project is estimated at 5 billion baht: 2.3 billion baht for construction and 2.3 million baht for land expropriation and related works such as environmental impact studies and public relations.
Ms Suthasinee said the bridge is not investment-worthy as it will not help to ease traffic.
In fact it will bring more environmental problems to both sides of the river, she said. Lat Ya Road will experience heavy congestion as more motorists use the route…
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?
- Weekly News Magazines: Suriya leaves Phea Thai, June, 2018
- Thai police still protect Yingluck overseas
- Weekly News Magazines: Tears of Suthep, June, 2018
- Pheu Thai defectors
- Weekly News Magazine: The Rescue, July 13-20, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018