Troubled waters over a bridge – Bangkok Post, March 3, 2012
[Thanks to Chris for pointing this out.]
…The plan calls for a 2.95-km bridge that starts at Lat Ya intersection-Din Daeng pier and ends near the Hua Lamphong intersection.
The four-lane bridge will cross the Chao Phraya River to link Lat Ya Road on the Thon Buri side with Maha Phruttharam Road on the Bangkok side.
The cost of the project is estimated at 5 billion baht: 2.3 billion baht for construction and 2.3 million baht for land expropriation and related works such as environmental impact studies and public relations.
Ms Suthasinee said the bridge is not investment-worthy as it will not help to ease traffic.
In fact it will bring more environmental problems to both sides of the river, she said. Lat Ya Road will experience heavy congestion as more motorists use the route…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- Talking to the snake
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit
- Red Shirt and Black Panther