Controversial decisions by key govt agencies – The Nation, November 10, 2014
The purpose of the independent organisations under the constitution was to prevent abuse of power by politicians, political parties or agencies. They were meant to be independent of political influence, but in the past, they were seen as being political tools to support or persecute some politicians rather than scrutinise them under the justice system. Here are some examples of their controversial resolutions or rulings that have been criticised for being politicised…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out