Constitutional challenge to controversial lese majeste laws – IFEX, July 27, 2012
…Arnon argued that Article 112 could not be enforced in this case, if the constitutionality ruling was in his favour on any of the following issues:
* The proportionality of penalty imposed on lese majeste convictions;
* The lese majeste law is not a special law, thus cannot be invoked to limit freedom of expression permanently;
* The inviolability clause in the constitution applied only to the king; and
* The immunity to punishment of criticism made in good faith and in the public interest…
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Conflict with the Lanna Kingdom
- Security start-up backed by Thaksin seeks $1bn valuation
- New form of American warmaking
- Viagra for Thai Airways
- Who is the catfish?
- No fraud!
- Weekly News Magazines, June 3-10, 2016
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists