Constitutional challenge to controversial lese majeste laws – IFEX, July 27, 2012
…Arnon argued that Article 112 could not be enforced in this case, if the constitutionality ruling was in his favour on any of the following issues:
* The proportionality of penalty imposed on lese majeste convictions;
* The lese majeste law is not a special law, thus cannot be invoked to limit freedom of expression permanently;
* The inviolability clause in the constitution applied only to the king; and
* The immunity to punishment of criticism made in good faith and in the public interest…
- The real reason people are poor
- Thailand’s censorship
- The temple as hostage
- Pride and money comes at the same time
- Chuwit is BACK!
- Everyone wants to use Section 44!
- University hostages
- Fees for the police
- Hack my house
- Donald Trump: America’s Berlusconi (or Thaksin, or Hariri, or…)
- What’s really behind Thailand’s hostility to Chinese tourists?