Constitution Moves Threaten Thai Détente – WSJ, February 26, 2012
…Government supporters argue that the changes are needed to help rebalance Thailand’s democracy after Mr. Thaksin’s sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, was elected prime minister in a landslide last July.
Mr. Thaksin’s critics, though, contend that changing the constitution is also a way to enable the former leader back into the country from his bolt-hole in Dubai, where he lives to avoid imprisonment on a corruption conviction that he says is politically motivated…
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Thai police still protect Yingluck overseas
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Weekly News Magazine: The Rescue, July 13-20, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Political parties in a coma
- Withdraw from the deep south!