Constitution Moves Threaten Thai Détente – WSJ, February 26, 2012
…Government supporters argue that the changes are needed to help rebalance Thailand’s democracy after Mr. Thaksin’s sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, was elected prime minister in a landslide last July.
Mr. Thaksin’s critics, though, contend that changing the constitution is also a way to enable the former leader back into the country from his bolt-hole in Dubai, where he lives to avoid imprisonment on a corruption conviction that he says is politically motivated…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- The military party deserves a head start
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets