Constitution Moves Threaten Thai Détente – WSJ, February 26, 2012
…Government supporters argue that the changes are needed to help rebalance Thailand’s democracy after Mr. Thaksin’s sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, was elected prime minister in a landslide last July.
Mr. Thaksin’s critics, though, contend that changing the constitution is also a way to enable the former leader back into the country from his bolt-hole in Dubai, where he lives to avoid imprisonment on a corruption conviction that he says is politically motivated…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military