Constitution Moves Threaten Thai Détente – WSJ, February 26, 2012
…Government supporters argue that the changes are needed to help rebalance Thailand’s democracy after Mr. Thaksin’s sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, was elected prime minister in a landslide last July.
Mr. Thaksin’s critics, though, contend that changing the constitution is also a way to enable the former leader back into the country from his bolt-hole in Dubai, where he lives to avoid imprisonment on a corruption conviction that he says is politically motivated…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example
- It’s the people’s fault for voting
- The Shinawatras lie about fleeing