On the left: Pretending
In the middle: Coconut shell land
On the right: Nationalist, no freedom, election
Caption: Thailand today
[This anti-American, anti-Semitic piece of artwork circulated on Thai social media refers to Thai idiom, “a frog in a coconut shell.” The idiom means a person who think he knows everything in the world, but who is actually isolated and ignorant. Thais sometimes refer to themselves as this sort of frog who is isolated within his culture and knows little of the supposedly power plays involving their country.
Much anti-American and anti-foreigner sentiment has been whipped up on Thailand recently by the comments from the U.S. ambassador criticizing lese majeste prosecutions in the weeks before celebrations for the king’s birthday.]
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Political parties in a coma
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Chinese cartoonist