Cobra Gold begins in Thailand – army.mil, February 8, 2012
…Events during Cobra Gold include a computer-simulated command-post exercise, field training operations and humanitarian and civic-assistance projects that increase the standard of living for the Thai people in surrounding communities. Additionally, senior leaders will meet to share knowledge with one another and build relationships.
…”We are very proud of our alliance with Thailand, and our alliances and partnerships throughout Asia,” said Judith Beth Cefkin, deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Thailand. “These relationships based on friendship, common goals and mutual respect makes Cobra Gold the vital and vibrant exercise it is today…”
- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 12 Years Ago: Chuwit and the Massage Parlour Scandal
- 76 Years Ago: ‘Strategic Siam changes its name to Thai’
- 12 Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- 12 Years Ago: Revolution in Laos?
- 11 Years Ago: Thailand’s New Strongman
- 11 Years Ago: List of activists killed during the Thaksin era
- 7 Years Ago: “Thailand United Southern Underground” ceasefire
- 10 Years Ago: Discontent in Thaksin’s Thailand
- 10 Years Ago: Losing the right to criticize a company owned by Thaksin