Clothes on your back: Inside Cambodia’s garment industry – thestar.com, October 20, 2013
…The garment industry is the glue that holds Neang’s household together, as it is the glue that binds the country’s economy. While a fraction of the size of the Bangladesh garment industry in dollar terms, the value of Cambodian garment and textiles exceeded 80 per cent of the country’s $5.5 billion (U.S.) in exports last year. Add footwear — Nike, Adidas, Puma, etc. — and the figure exceeds 90 per cent. The top 20 Canadian consignees accounted for just over $121 million of that, with Walmart Canada Corp., Loblaws Inc. and Reitmans (Canada) Ltd. topping the list…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash
- Danger for the junta