From Manager, July 22, 2019
Chalerm: Legal marijuana?… So crazy!!! Then, we will all get deadly high…
[Refers to politician Chalerm Yoobamrung who recently criticized the government’s plan to legalize marijuana as an crop for medical purposes. This cartoon mocks Chalerm’s negative image as a wine drinker prone to violent behavior and suggests he is being hypocritical to be concerned about marijuana.]
Chalerm is one of old-school tough guys of Thai politics. Here are just a few of his past antics:
Who is Chalerm Yoobamrung?
2001: Chalerm and “the brawling brats of the Thai Elite”
2011: Chalerm denies warning about bomb attacks
2012: Was Chalerm drunk?
2013: Chalerm vows Thaksin will be home this year – Behead me if he isn’t, deputy PM tells reds
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- Knives out for Sudarat
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey