Christmas, Inc: Inside a Thai Christmas tree factory – globalpost.com, December 20, 2011
…Even the family-run Bangkok Christmas Decoration Exporters, which got a jump on the market by opening in 1987, has seen Chinese competition eat away at its once-healthy US sales.
“We used to sell to Walgreens and Wal-Mart, but it’s hard to compete with the Chinese,” Srivitta said. The operation has instead focused on the exploding market for Christmas trees and related bric-a-brac in Asia, namely Thailand…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out