Thailand’s railway system shows its age – aljazeera, January 30, 2015
…AJ: But Thailand’s current train network hasn’t had any investment in years, and needs a complete overhaul, so why not let the Chinese build Thailand a new railway?
Dr. Banomyong: Any train system would be welcome. But we need to be careful, we shouldn’t be taking the first gift that someone gives to us. You need to think in terms of connectivity. You need to think in terms of the management. It has to be thought through. If you don’t do that you will just end up with a line that will just link with Laos and China and that’s it. Is that what we really want?…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?