Thailand’s railway system shows its age – aljazeera, January 30, 2015
…AJ: But Thailand’s current train network hasn’t had any investment in years, and needs a complete overhaul, so why not let the Chinese build Thailand a new railway?
Dr. Banomyong: Any train system would be welcome. But we need to be careful, we shouldn’t be taking the first gift that someone gives to us. You need to think in terms of connectivity. You need to think in terms of the management. It has to be thought through. If you don’t do that you will just end up with a line that will just link with Laos and China and that’s it. Is that what we really want?…
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way
- You cannot fight with those who made the rules
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?