Thailand’s railway system shows its age – aljazeera, January 30, 2015
…AJ: But Thailand’s current train network hasn’t had any investment in years, and needs a complete overhaul, so why not let the Chinese build Thailand a new railway?
Dr. Banomyong: Any train system would be welcome. But we need to be careful, we shouldn’t be taking the first gift that someone gives to us. You need to think in terms of connectivity. You need to think in terms of the management. It has to be thought through. If you don’t do that you will just end up with a line that will just link with Laos and China and that’s it. Is that what we really want?…
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Sucking Ghost
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- Monks too high to be touched
- Shinawatra family drama
- Weekly News Magazines: Who will lead the Pheu Thai, July, 2017