‘Checkbook Buddhism’ offers Thais a stairway to heaven but brings corruption to temples – AFP, April 5, 2015
[Thanks to Tom for pointing this out.]
…But last year the National Institute of Development Administration estimated the country’s 38,000-odd temples receive between 100 billion and 120 billion baht ($3.07 billion to $3.62 billion) in donations every year…”
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- Don’t “reform” the police
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- Time to Wake Up Thaksin: Weekly News Magazines, June, 2017