Chasing profits, power producers fuel Thailand’s solar rush – Reuters, November 8, 2013
…With oil imports hitting a record $38 billion last year, or 9.3 percent of GDP, Thailand unveiled a plan this year to triple its solar power capacity to 3,000 MW by 2021.
Renewable energy is expected to account for a quarter of Thailand’s energy mix by 2021 from 8 percent now, of which about a fifth will come from solar power…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- I burned the city? When?
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Talking to the snake
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit