From Manager, July 26, 2015
Left: On the sword: Section 44
Phra Thammachayo: Omm… With a power of mine… Please transform Prayuth’s powerful sword to…
Right: A pestle… please!!
Caption: The power of Thammy
[This implies the junta is powerless, even with the use of the Section 44, to intervene in the case of former Wat Dhammakaya abbot Phra Thammachayo on embezzlement charges. In the cartoon, Thammy comes from the name “Thammachaya.”]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Who is left to burn Thailand?