Chalerm: I’m Thaksin’s servant – Bangkok Post, November 20, 2012
[Always amusing times when Chalerm gets upset with the press…]
…Mr Chalerm accused Ms Somjit of siding with the opposition Democrat Party after she continually asked him to clearly state which political party was behind the Pitak Siam group’s anti-government rally.
She threatened to take legal action against Mr Chalerm, who then told her that she could sue him if she wants because he did not say anything wrong.
Ms Somjit argued: ‘‘If you’re calling me sympathetic to that party is not defamatory, would calling you servile to [ousted premier] Thaksin Shinawatra amount to defamation?’’
“That’s certainly defamation,” Mr Chalerm replied…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Mark sinking
- There was a bribe too
- No alliance for the Democrats!
- Not only a dog howls at the bell
- Weekly News Magazines: Two Political Systems, October, 2018
- Different kinds of animals
- Why can’t they praise me?
- The junta should follow Chavolit’s example