Chalerm: I’m Thaksin’s servant – Bangkok Post, November 20, 2012
[Always amusing times when Chalerm gets upset with the press…]
…Mr Chalerm accused Ms Somjit of siding with the opposition Democrat Party after she continually asked him to clearly state which political party was behind the Pitak Siam group’s anti-government rally.
She threatened to take legal action against Mr Chalerm, who then told her that she could sue him if she wants because he did not say anything wrong.
Ms Somjit argued: ‘‘If you’re calling me sympathetic to that party is not defamatory, would calling you servile to [ousted premier] Thaksin Shinawatra amount to defamation?’’
“That’s certainly defamation,” Mr Chalerm replied…
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally