Ch Karnchang wins two Thai rail contracts - Interactive Investor, July 1, 2010
...The two contracts are part of five contracts for the 27-km (16.8-mile) underground and elevated lines that will stretch from central Hua Lumphong railway station to Bang Khae, in the west of the city, and from Bang Sue in the north to Tha Phra in the west.
Construction is expected to start after the contracts are signed in October, Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRTA) Deputy Governor Chaisit Kururat told reporters.
In early June, a joint venture between China's Sinohydro and Unique Engineering and Sino-Thai each won auctions for the contracts to build the elevated sections of the project.
The government is spending 1.6 trillion baht on infrastructure projects in 2009-2011, including mass transit lines in Bangkok, rural roads and irrigation systems...
- 24 Years Ago: Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: When the Red Shirts Accepted an Offer of New Elections & Announced an End to Their Rally
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Men who attacked family in Hua Hin “did not have the intention to harm” them
- Withdrawing the knife is easy
- Getting Jatuporn and Sombat
- Conflict with the Lanna Kingdom
- Claim: Thai junta has access to messages sent via Facebook
- Security start-up backed by Thaksin seeks $1bn valuation