Ch Karnchang wins two Thai rail contracts - Interactive Investor, July 1, 2010
...The two contracts are part of five contracts for the 27-km (16.8-mile) underground and elevated lines that will stretch from central Hua Lumphong railway station to Bang Khae, in the west of the city, and from Bang Sue in the north to Tha Phra in the west.
Construction is expected to start after the contracts are signed in October, Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRTA) Deputy Governor Chaisit Kururat told reporters.
In early June, a joint venture between China's Sinohydro and Unique Engineering and Sino-Thai each won auctions for the contracts to build the elevated sections of the project.
The government is spending 1.6 trillion baht on infrastructure projects in 2009-2011, including mass transit lines in Bangkok, rural roads and irrigation systems...
- Chakri Memorial Day
- From 2002: ‘The dark age of cowardly dumbed-down TV’
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: US War Criminal
- 12 Years Ago: Thaksin’s Lucky Son Wins Subway Deal
- 15 Years Ago: Thaksin’s Quest for Gold
- Overshadowing Buddhism
- Happy Songkran
- US democracy standard
- Thaksin’s monks
- Thaksin’s web
- Bangkok’s ‘deadly rich kids’ get away with murder