Ch Karnchang wins two Thai rail contracts - Interactive Investor, July 1, 2010
...The two contracts are part of five contracts for the 27-km (16.8-mile) underground and elevated lines that will stretch from central Hua Lumphong railway station to Bang Khae, in the west of the city, and from Bang Sue in the north to Tha Phra in the west.
Construction is expected to start after the contracts are signed in October, Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRTA) Deputy Governor Chaisit Kururat told reporters.
In early June, a joint venture between China's Sinohydro and Unique Engineering and Sino-Thai each won auctions for the contracts to build the elevated sections of the project.
The government is spending 1.6 trillion baht on infrastructure projects in 2009-2011, including mass transit lines in Bangkok, rural roads and irrigation systems...
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions