Ch Karnchang wins two Thai rail contracts - Interactive Investor, July 1, 2010
...The two contracts are part of five contracts for the 27-km (16.8-mile) underground and elevated lines that will stretch from central Hua Lumphong railway station to Bang Khae, in the west of the city, and from Bang Sue in the north to Tha Phra in the west.
Construction is expected to start after the contracts are signed in October, Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (MRTA) Deputy Governor Chaisit Kururat told reporters.
In early June, a joint venture between China's Sinohydro and Unique Engineering and Sino-Thai each won auctions for the contracts to build the elevated sections of the project.
The government is spending 1.6 trillion baht on infrastructure projects in 2009-2011, including mass transit lines in Bangkok, rural roads and irrigation systems...
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- Anonymous Posters at Thammasat University
- WOW! Thailand’s first tunnel under the Chao Phraya River is underway
- Thaksin’s public beatings
- Why foreigners criticize Thai people who speak “Siamese Talk”
- High tension in Thailand: August, 2006 news
- Lucky number license plates for sale
- Thaksin’s Senators and Lawsuits: Bangkok Post chooses its words carefully