Can Thailand Avoid Becoming a Modern-Day Atlantis? – thediplomat.com, September 9, 2012
…“There were these political problems,” says Verwey, a consultant with Deltares, a Dutch institute specializing in flood solutions.
Contacted by Thai authorities through the Dutch Embassy in Bangkok, Verwey was soon taking charge of crisis meetings involving the new prime minister, the army and numerous ministries as they tried to plug leaking dykes and flush water out to sea via poorly maintained flood channels.
“With a good master plan this could have been foreseen and prevented,” he says. “That is the nature of human beings: Something has to happen before action is taken…”
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Political parties in a coma
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Chinese cartoonist