Cambodia’s King Under Criticism for Not Intervening in Election Dispute – RFA, September 11, 2013
…But Prince Sisowath Thomico, a CNRP member and former adviser to King Sihamoni, said the monarch may be wary of using his influence to break the deadlock as it may risk endangering the monarchy itself.
The CPP, he said, has at least twice made direct threats against the institution of the monarchy—once in 2005, when Hun Sen warned the king his throne was at stake if he did not endorse Cambodia-Vietnam border treaties, and again in 2006, when senior party member Cheam Yeap said the CPP could abolish the monarchy just as it had reinstalled it.
“Who holds the power at present?” Prince Thomico asked. “Who controls the army, the police, the armed forces?”
He said Hun Sen could “stage a coup to depose the monarchy at any time…”
- Animated videos lauding Thaksin–He always “defies his fate”
- Gem shop locations involved in the scam
- Is Gen. Prayuth really growing “eccentric” or “superstitious” as Time Magazine claims?
- Catching the Red Shirt gunmen
- Gen. Prayuth Army Sticker app
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Thailand Tax Refund Claims – 10 Truths to Share with Foreigners
- Nike Factories In Thailand
- The very bizarre case of Dr Thaksin Shinawatra