Cambodians shoved aside as foreign firms cash in on gold rush – www.interaksyon.com, June 23, 2011
…The illegal O’Clor mine is located in Prey Meas, which translates as the “Gold Forest”, and is a treacherous five-hour drive from the province’s main town of Sen Monorom.
Stripped of its vegetation to make way for a large pit, the mining village’s brown, barren landscape is dotted with wooden shacks, piles of litter and shallow pools — a sharp contrast to the green and hilly surroundings…
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Heaven vs Hell
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work