Cambodia to deport Chinese woman over royal photo insult – AFP, October 24, 2012
A Cambodian court on Tuesday ordered the deportation of a Chinese factory manager who nearly caused a riot among workers by ripping up photographs of recently deceased former king Norodom Sihanouk.
Wang Zia Chao, 43, was also handed a one-year suspended sentence for “intentionally damaging the photos” of the revered royal and told to pay a two million riel ($500) fine, judge Seng Neang at Phnom Penh municipal court said…
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- One lotus is above the water
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand
- Politicians need to poo
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians