Cambodia to deport Chinese woman over royal photo insult – AFP, October 24, 2012
A Cambodian court on Tuesday ordered the deportation of a Chinese factory manager who nearly caused a riot among workers by ripping up photographs of recently deceased former king Norodom Sihanouk.
Wang Zia Chao, 43, was also handed a one-year suspended sentence for “intentionally damaging the photos” of the revered royal and told to pay a two million riel ($500) fine, judge Seng Neang at Phnom Penh municipal court said…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- No need for revolutionaries
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Your behavior is worse than interference
- Can they dissolve the party?
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts