Cambodia Celebrates First Oscar Nomination – hollywoodreporter.com, January 17, 2014
…Panh’s The Missing Picture, which also won the Prize Un Certain Regard at Cannes last year, is Cambodia’s first film to be nominated for an Oscar. An inventive and profoundly personal piece of work, the film mixes archival war footage with set pieces constructed from intricate clay figurines depicting Panh and his family’s plight during the 1970s Khmer Rouge genocide in Cambodia, which claimed the lives of the director’s entire family before he narrowly escaped to Thailand, and later France, where he discovered filmmaking…
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- We need conscription
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?