Cambodia Celebrates First Oscar Nomination – hollywoodreporter.com, January 17, 2014
…Panh’s The Missing Picture, which also won the Prize Un Certain Regard at Cannes last year, is Cambodia’s first film to be nominated for an Oscar. An inventive and profoundly personal piece of work, the film mixes archival war footage with set pieces constructed from intricate clay figurines depicting Panh and his family’s plight during the 1970s Khmer Rouge genocide in Cambodia, which claimed the lives of the director’s entire family before he narrowly escaped to Thailand, and later France, where he discovered filmmaking…
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter