Calm prevails in Thailand, though divisions remain, 2 years after violent political upheaval – WP, May 19, 2012
…Many Thais who oppose Thaksin have come to terms with his sister’s government, saying she has managed to maintain an uneasy but welcome calm. And Thai politics has not yet produced a viable alternative to the Thaksin camp.
“I’m not satisfied with this government, but to be honest the Abhisit government wasn’t any better,” said Siriluk Pornchaitipparat, an anti-Thaksin cafe owner who had to shut her central Bangkok shop for 10 days in 2010 when the Red Shirt rioting raged in her neighborhood…
- The King’s Birthday
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Some just want elections
- Forgotten krathong
- Weekly News Magazines: Loving Prayuth, November, 2017
- Massaging the economy
- Lucky the Red Shirts didn’t carry sticks!