Prayut uses S44 to strip Thaksin of rank – Bangkok Post, September 5, 2015
…A source said Gen Prayut apparently chose to invoke his power under Section 44 instead of seeking His Majesty the King’s endorsement as is the regular channel, possibly to protect the palace from a political backlash.
But critics have said the use of Section 44 was probably to prevent future lawsuits as the power under this clause is absolute…
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- It’s a charade
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- America first… World last
- The outrageous denial
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- More on police buying their promtions
- Abhisit for leader!