Prayut uses S44 to strip Thaksin of rank – Bangkok Post, September 5, 2015
…A source said Gen Prayut apparently chose to invoke his power under Section 44 instead of seeking His Majesty the King’s endorsement as is the regular channel, possibly to protect the palace from a political backlash.
But critics have said the use of Section 44 was probably to prevent future lawsuits as the power under this clause is absolute…
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- AP: Bangkok Post editor ousted for criticizing Thailand’s military government
- Democrats shut out