Prayut uses S44 to strip Thaksin of rank – Bangkok Post, September 5, 2015
…A source said Gen Prayut apparently chose to invoke his power under Section 44 instead of seeking His Majesty the King’s endorsement as is the regular channel, possibly to protect the palace from a political backlash.
But critics have said the use of Section 44 was probably to prevent future lawsuits as the power under this clause is absolute…
- Trampling on those who died for the cause
- Making Yellow and Red love each other
- 2005: PM Thaksin, family praised as ‘Family Day’ role models
- The prime minister wants coal-fired power plants!
- Informing the U.N. on the junta
- It’s not about Dhammakaya, it’s about Article 44
- Using absolute power to fight corruption
- Dhammakaya requires money to get into heaven
- Inspiration for the foot soldiers
- Stepping on the Eastern Tiger’s tail
- Dhammayoyo consecrated a lot of Buddha amulets