Burmese Journalists Avoid Jail in 2012 – The Irrawaddy, December 12, 2012
…As part of Burma’s historic transition to civilian rule, the authorities released more than a dozen imprisoned journalists in a series of pardons over the past year, as well as scrapping pre-censorship and drafting a new media law.
“Journalists have enjoyed being able to write freely about news stories that they were previously not allowed to write about after the abolishment of censorship in August,” Thiha Saw, editor of Open News journal, told The Irrawaddy on Wednesday…
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military