Burma halts construction of Thai-backed power plant – BBC, January 10, 2012
…The decision on the coal-fired plant at Dawei comes four months after the controversial Chinese-funded Myitsone hydroelectric dam was halted.
The move is seen as another indication of burgeoning political and economic reforms…
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight
- Thaksin’s new political party