Broadcast media calls for press freedom – The Nation, August 26, 2011
…A group of journalists working at the Parliament on Thursday sent an open letter to the Prime Minister asking her to stop the challenge to press freedom on this matter.
The journalists said they regarded the note as a threat to their freedom and profession. The government should put a stop to that threat, they said.
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- The violent farang mafia that run Thailand's flourishing boiler room scams and sex industry
- Vietnam, Thailand & Cambodia urged to stop using vague concepts such as "national security", "sovereignty" or "lèse-majesté" to intimidate & harass dissent
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully
- Thaksin's "Electric Pole" Candidate Laid to Rest
- Thai Govt should cease pressuring the Central Bank – Rate cuts "futile and misguided"
- The Wheel Begins to Turn: Weekly Rallies and Disapproving Academics