From Naewna, June 20, 2012
Left: Topless to paint her haphazard art….!! How dare that TV show let her go on stage and broadcast to the public…?
Right: Imagine herself, campaign to show her haphazard policy…!! How did her brother let her go on stage in public….?!!
Yingluck is shouting: Do you want sea breeze? [referring to flood prevention measures] Do you want a minimum wage of 300 baht all over Thailand? Do you want the minimum salary for graduates of 15,000 baht?
The caption reads: In Thai society, just dare to do it. You will win, won’t you?
[This refers to the recent TV talent show where a topless woman used her body to paint abstract art. The cartoonist compares this to the many populist polices of the Yingluck government.]
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting