From Thairath, October 9, 2014
Text at top right: The democratic heart is still alive.
Brave Apiwan has already died. He said goodbye to all his friends on 6 October. Even though he passed away, his democratic heart is still with us.
Written by MP Sunai Julpongsthon
Mouse: Rest in Peace
On wreath: People who love democracy
On Apiwan’s shirt: Democracy
Sign on his statue: Apiwan Wiriyachai
[Refers to former Pheu Thai MP Apiwan Wiriyachai who died while in exile while fleeing lese majeste charges after the coup. He was an outspoken supporter of Thaksin and the Red Shirt movement. He left the country after the military took the power in May 2014.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Weekly News Magazines: Red Bull and the Shy Tiger, September, 2017
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally