From Thairath, February 7, 2014
Cartoon title: Borrow a sickle to take out her heart [meaning that anti-government protesters are using rice farmers to take down the Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and her government]
On the pole: The Caretaker Government
Man hiding behind the pole: Rice traders
Man blowing whistle is the People’s Democratic Reform Committee’s secretary-general Suthep Thuagsuban, leader of the anti-government protesters.
Paper in Suthep’s hand: Money for rice pledging
Paper in hooded figure’s hand: Stop the rice pledging scheme
Phi Nooring: Don’t be fooled.
Mouse: Cruel plan
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Election posters: End the economic crisis
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear
- More jokes about Yingluck
- Election posters: Stopping, Cleansing, Destroying
- Election posters: Choose a professional executive