Bishop Mansap, promoter of justice in Thailand, dies at 81 - Catholic Sentinel, December 2, 2010
...The bishop "pushed the Thai church to declare its position on solving political problems by peaceful means and with respect for people's human rights. Before this, the Thai church had always been quiet on these matters," Leechanavanichpan said.
In April, Bishop Mansap called on the government and the so-called "red-shirt" demonstrators taking part in a weeks-long protest against Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to renew talks after a string of violent clashes...
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- Not Richard Mille
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter