Bishop Mansap, promoter of justice in Thailand, dies at 81 - Catholic Sentinel, December 2, 2010
...The bishop "pushed the Thai church to declare its position on solving political problems by peaceful means and with respect for people's human rights. Before this, the Thai church had always been quiet on these matters," Leechanavanichpan said.
In April, Bishop Mansap called on the government and the so-called "red-shirt" demonstrators taking part in a weeks-long protest against Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to renew talks after a string of violent clashes...
- A tale of two newspapers: Black May 13 years later
- Slain Italian Photographer’s Last Photos Unveiled
- Part V – Ian Neumegen
- 21 Years Ago: Black May
- Big Brother Shocks Thailand
- Politics in the Age of Thaksin
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Let’s Make Bangkok’s Central Park!
- 2Bangkok Situation Update: Divining the Plan
- Red Protests – May 19, 2010