Bishop Mansap, promoter of justice in Thailand, dies at 81 - Catholic Sentinel, December 2, 2010
...The bishop "pushed the Thai church to declare its position on solving political problems by peaceful means and with respect for people's human rights. Before this, the Thai church had always been quiet on these matters," Leechanavanichpan said.
In April, Bishop Mansap called on the government and the so-called "red-shirt" demonstrators taking part in a weeks-long protest against Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to renew talks after a string of violent clashes...
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- Weekly News Magazines: New army chief, September, 2018
- One lotus is above the water
- Politicians need to poo
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand