From Naewna, September 6, 2019
On the left: Drought
On the right: Flood
The drought says: Uncle Tu stays longer… We will visit you every year…!!!
[Refers to natural disasters in Thailand which are increasingly severe and which challenge the government’s efforts to mediate them.
PM Prayuth’s administration has been criticized for slow action in assisting people affected by heavy flooding and drought.
Those who supported Prayuth to remain PM after elections are said to be those wanting him to “stay longer” (as opposed to anti-junta/pro-Thaksin forces that demand he “get out”). In the cartoon the drought notes that Prayuth (Uncle Tu) is staying longer and thus he will have to deal with the increasingly variable weather.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military