From Manager, September 23, 2019
On the sign: FAKE NEWS Thaksin donates 100 million USD to help floodings! [flood victims]
Caption: Even an shallow hole… it still can trap a number of buffaloes.
[Refers to rumors spread among Thaksin supporters that the exiled PM donated huge amounts to help people affected by flooding. This would be in contrast to the sitting government which was heavily criticized for its supposedly slow response to the crisis.
To refer to a person as a “buffalo” is an insult meaning they are stupid. Here it is used to refer to the pro-Thaksin Red Shirts.
The cartoon uses the Thai idiom “a hole for trapping the buffalo” meaning only a silly, stupid person will fall into the lie or trap.]
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey