Being a monk in Myanmar: Personal transformation in a changing country – CNN, October 15, 2013
…Foreigners then were viewed with suspicion, and arranging to enter the forest retreat of Chanmyay Yeiktha, one of the most traditional of the country’s monasteries, took some string-pulling.
I eventually found myself shaved and robed and sitting in the little hut that would be my home for the next six weeks…
- Election posters: Looking at you
- The last time a coup leader became PM after a return to democracy
- We really care about Thaksin
- Several parties, same owner
- Dictatorship or Democracy
- Election posters: End the economic crisis
- Election posters: Transparent democracy
- Election poster pollution
- Election posters: Pheu Thai’s heart is people
- Why do Thai people always smile?
- Election posters: Take action, be clear