From Thairath, July 24, 2011
The title reads: Before and After
Top left: Before – MPs greets people [Sawasdee]
After – People greet MPs! [referring to the reverence shown to new Pheu Thai MPs after the election]
Top middle: Before – Every promise to be performed suddenly [meaning during the election the many Pheu Thai promises were promoted are forgone conclusions]
After – Must take action after discussion with every section [meaning after the elections, Yingluck had to qualify the speed of the Pheu Thai promises]
Top right: [Chalerm Yoobamrung says] Before – If my son failed to be MP, I will not take any position [in the government].
After – My speech is merely the vote canvassing strategy [referring to the broken vow of Chalerm not to hold office if his controversial son did not win in the election]
Bottom left: Before – Government allows the labor wages of 300.
After – The employer gives white letter [fires employees]
Bottom right: Before – Being peasant
After – Being aristocrat [meaning the many Red Shirt activists are now behaving like the aristocrats who they formerly protested against]
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military