From Arun, October 8, 2012
Caption: Virapong out spoke that if this government will be destroyed, it is because of this thing [the government’s rice mortgage policy].
On baby’s hat: Rice farmers
On woman’s robe: Rice mortgage
[The man is Dr. Virapong Ramangkul, chairman of the board of Bank of Thailand. This refers to his recent comment on the government’s rice mortgage policy suggesting that the government should shut down the policy since it causes damage to the country more than bringing any benefit to rice farmers.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished