From Arun, October 8, 2012
Caption: Virapong out spoke that if this government will be destroyed, it is because of this thing [the government’s rice mortgage policy].
On baby’s hat: Rice farmers
On woman’s robe: Rice mortgage
[The man is Dr. Virapong Ramangkul, chairman of the board of Bank of Thailand. This refers to his recent comment on the government’s rice mortgage policy suggesting that the government should shut down the policy since it causes damage to the country more than bringing any benefit to rice farmers.]
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way
- You cannot fight with those who made the rules
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?