Bangkok’s red-light nightlife must go – todayonline.com, April 23, 2011
…I am not going to pretend that all such establishments, right down to the last whorehouse, will be eliminated and Thailand will become the peaceful and ethical Buddhist society depicted in a lot of temple paintings.
Nor am I a saint, since as a man growing up in Thailand I’ve had my share of escapades to those places I have described.
But if New York City can clean up Times Square, and if Boston’s aggressive policy can lead to the demise of Combat Zone, then why can’t Bangkok?…
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- The Bangkok bombs
- Spreading the Photo
- Goodbye to Cartoonist Chai
- Weekly News Magazines: Chor Under Fire, June, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: No Return for Joke, June-July, 2019
- A Real Communist?
- Internal Conflicts
- Article 44 Lives
- Mocking Yingluck
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt Stability, July, 2019