Bangkok’s election: impossible pledges mask political instability – FT, March 14, 2013
…Somehow, Bangkok bounces back from political and environmental turmoil, repeatedly winning accolades including the “world’s best city”. The number of tourists to Thailand hit a record high last year, investors can’t seem to get enough of Thai equities and GDP growth exceeded all expectations in 2012.
The question is, if the Democrats keep Bangkok, can the governor make good on any of his promises, or at the very least help maintain a power balance with the ruling party stable enough to keep political infighting from spilling out onto the streets?
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey