Bangkok’s election: impossible pledges mask political instability – FT, March 14, 2013
…Somehow, Bangkok bounces back from political and environmental turmoil, repeatedly winning accolades including the “world’s best city”. The number of tourists to Thailand hit a record high last year, investors can’t seem to get enough of Thai equities and GDP growth exceeded all expectations in 2012.
The question is, if the Democrats keep Bangkok, can the governor make good on any of his promises, or at the very least help maintain a power balance with the ruling party stable enough to keep political infighting from spilling out onto the streets?
- Election Commission Dye Service
- Thanathorn’s foreign parents
- Weekly News Magazines: Restrict Abolish Eliminate Thanathorn, April, 2019
- Proof of authoritarianism
- Feeling pity for Hulk and Wonder Woman
- Waiting for a miracle to operate on arms and legs
- Price for the whole group of cobra politicians
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- They did not violate the law
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Songkran alcohol warning