Bangkok Residents Begin Hoarding Food, Water on Flood Threat – Bloomberg, October 12, 2011
…The Thai capital has an official population of 6.3 million, excluding unregistered workers. The U.S. Department of State estimates the city’s total population at 9.7 million.
…“I need to go to another supermarket,” said Siraporn, who was shopping for water, noodles and canned seafood. “As you see, there is not much left here. I have moved my furniture to the second floor and plan to evacuate my children and grandmother to Hua Hin in the next two days. They should be safe there…”
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way