Bangkok Residents Begin Hoarding Food, Water on Flood Threat – Bloomberg, October 12, 2011
…The Thai capital has an official population of 6.3 million, excluding unregistered workers. The U.S. Department of State estimates the city’s total population at 9.7 million.
…“I need to go to another supermarket,” said Siraporn, who was shopping for water, noodles and canned seafood. “As you see, there is not much left here. I have moved my furniture to the second floor and plan to evacuate my children and grandmother to Hua Hin in the next two days. They should be safe there…”
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees