Bangkok Residents Begin Hoarding Food, Water on Flood Threat – Bloomberg, October 12, 2011
…The Thai capital has an official population of 6.3 million, excluding unregistered workers. The U.S. Department of State estimates the city’s total population at 9.7 million.
…“I need to go to another supermarket,” said Siraporn, who was shopping for water, noodles and canned seafood. “As you see, there is not much left here. I have moved my furniture to the second floor and plan to evacuate my children and grandmother to Hua Hin in the next two days. They should be safe there…”
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- The military party deserves a head start
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets